GigaByte has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security which we deem appropriate, taking into account the categories of data we collect and the way we process it.
In interacting with us through our website, you may choose to give us personal data. We will keep your personal data confidential and use it for purposes connected to our mission.
GigaByte will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose(s) for which you provided us with your details, or as long as required by applicable legislation. If you cancel your user account we will ensure that your personal information is either deleted or will no longer be visible to others.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any of our services, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties about the content and your behaviour.
The Personal Data we may collect from you could include:
- Email address
- Affiliated institute
We may use your Personal Data:
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or our online content by offering to subscribe you to newsletters, publications, event announcements, etc.
- To personalise the way our web content is presented to you
- To analyse and improve our websites by examining statistical usage information
- To generate statistical reports as to how our website and services are being used
- To produce anonymous aggregate statistical reports about users of the website in order to see how our services are being used, and describe these to prospective partners, website contractors, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes. If shared these aggregate statistics will include no personal data.
We may disclose your Personal Data:
- To service providers processing your information on our behalf or as part of scientific collaborations which are required to keep your information confidential
- In statistical reports to external organisations (e.g. funding bodies or scientific collaborators) or appointed review committees
- In forming part of the scientific record of data submitted to our data archives
- To your employer, university, law enforcement or other government bodies, in exceptional circumstances where your activity is disruptive or may be illegal under your local laws
We may use your Personal Data to contact you:
- When you have asked us to as part of a specific service request (e.g. password reset, help desk requests, etc.,)
- To invite your voluntary participation in surveys about our services
- When you have opted in to receive further correspondence for scientific marketing and outreach purposes (e.g. newsletters)
Depending on your relationship with us, we may also process your personal data in the following ways:
- To provide our products, content and services to you or to your employer, university or institution
- To process payments from you, such as article processing charges, page charges, subscriptions or payments for any products or services that you choose to purchase from us
We will NOT sell, give or share your personal data to third parties for any other reasons.